Now Hiring for Director of Development
CORA is looking for an experienced and energetic fundraiser with a passion for helping people in need. The position is full-time with flexible hours, evenings, and weekends occasionally required. Work with dedicated and compassionate staff and volunteers to help create a community without Hunger! Apply at Indeed.com.
This role is the chief fundraising position at a nonprofit organization.
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of CORA Food Pantry’s fundraising including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with The Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors. This is a new position in the organization; the Director will design and execute a comprehensive development strategy for CORA.
- Must embrace the mission of Chatham Outreach Alliance, aka: CORA Food Pantry
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
- Proven success in development for a small to mid-size nonprofit organization – across multiple donor channels.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising and grant writing.
- Experience in planning, leading, managing tracking and reporting on development project.
- Has shown initiative in actively seeking to deepen current donor relationships and to forge new ones.
- Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers, donors, sponsors and volunteers across different levels of the organization and externally.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and volunteers.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls. Have the desire to get out of the office to build external relationships.
- Skilled in creating powerful, dynamic and compelling written and verbal communications for fundraising. Ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials, Experience and credibility when presenting material to external audiences.
- Gets other to accept ideas by using convincing arguments, creates a win-win situation and responds appropriately to key stakeholders.
- Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense, patience and good listening ability.
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct research, prospecting and make applications to multiple donor sources.
- Build a robust donor base. Identify and meet current and prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them, develop and maintain key long-term relationships.
- Establish a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of established and new major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies and long-term sustaining donors.
- Manage capital campaigns, engaging outside campaign firms as necessary.
- Direct the semi-annual fund programs, including mailings and fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Develop, coordinate and support special fundraising events.
- Direct employee fundraising drives for local businesses and corporations.
- Work closely with and report to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about CORA within the community and regionally.
- Research, install, implement and oversee new fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Supervise and collaborate fundraising efforts by volunteers and Board of Directors.
- Oversee creation of publications, social media and website to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Willing to work flexible hours and be available for special events, weekends and evenings.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Full time exempt position.
Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
To apply, go to Indeed.com and search Chatham Outreach Alliance, Inc.